Requirements to Participate
Individuals selected for participation must sign an agreement stipulating the following:
- Individual must be a Lucas County resident; travel must be from a Lucas County address
- Individual must be currently working or have a firm start date for work
- Employer to which individual is traveling must be located inside Lucas County, or be an approved apprenticeship program
- Individual cannot have a working automobile at home
- Individual must be registered with OhioMeansJobs Lucas County
- Individual must be enrolled in WorkReady Lucas County and take (or have taken) the WorkKeys pretest at a minimum
- Individual must enroll and meet with an area Financial Opportunity Center (FOC) to plan for transportation to work at the conclusion of the pilot
- Individual must agree to use the service only for travel to-and-from work
- Individual must present work schedule to LCDPD so travel to worksites can be verified
- Individual must agree to allow program partners and employers to report job retention data to LCDPD for program evaluation purposes
- Individual must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Residence greater than 0.5 miles from a public transportaion stop
- Public transportation does not provide service to the individual’s employer
- Work shift falls outside of designated public transportation hours of operation (e.g. individual works second or third shifts)
- Public transportation bus route to and from employer is expected to take greater than 1 hour each way
Individual must understand that the county is not responsible for transportation to work or job retention upon completion of the pilot; the worker should take appropriate steps to prepare for reliable transportation to work at the conclusion of the program. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for application review. Transportation cannot be guaranteed on the day of application.
If an individual does not comply with the criteria outlined above, he or she may be removed from the program.
Failure to cancel an appointment at least 2 hours before the scheduled arrival of B&W will result in a $5 fine per occurrence and program participants MAY BE dismissed from program for excess “no show- no calls”
Using the service to go to a location other than a worksite will result in immediate dismissal from the program.