A common request from companies looking at locating in an area is “Tell us about your workforce.” It is very unlikely that a community will say they have a bad workforce which means that every community has the best workforce anywhere. With WorkReady Lucas County, we will be able to prove it.
By participating in ACT's Certified Work Ready Communities (CWRC) initiative, WorkReady Lucas County is helping:
- Business and industry identify exactly what foundational skills they need for a productive workforce - and to easily communicate their needs
- Individuals understand the skills required by employers and how to prepare themselves for success
- Policy makers consistently measure the skills gap in a timely manner at the national, state and local levels
- Educators close the skills gap, via tools integrated into career pathways with stackable industry-recognized credentials
- Economic developers use an on-demand reporting tool to market the quality of their workforce
The CWRC empowers WorkReady Lucas County with data, processes and tools that drive economic growth. Participants are leveraging the National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) to measure and close the skills gap while building common frameworks that link, align and match their workforce development efforts. As a result, companies thrive with higher quality and more efficient production and workers succeed with quality careers and opportunities for advancement.